The majority of us nowadays are having to count every penny to make sure that we make ends meet. Now, we all know about traditional methods of saving money i.e. couponing and sticking money in the bank.However, there are plenty of other ways in which you can save some cash. Let’s take a little look at them.
- Swap clothes with your friends. For many people their budget goes on clothes. So why not swap clothes with your friends every six months or so? You can end up with a complete new wardrobe, and you won’t spend a single penny. This is a method which of course tends to work much better for women than men (men tend to resist lending others their clothes for some reason)
- Furniture broken? Want something a little bit new to spice up your home? Check out websites such as Freecycle and Craigs List. There are plenty of people giving away free things every single day. Much of this is in superb condition. You may be able to score anything from a complete set of garden furniture to a lamp.
- Phone up your phone or cable company. If you threaten to leave for a new provider many of them will end up offering you a far better deal on your plan.
- Buy clothes out of season. When new stock comes in stores often clear out last season’s stock offering discounts of up to 80%. This works best for classics but not as much for trends. By the time the next year comes around the trend will be over and you won’t wear the item in turn wasting more money. Stick to items that won’t go out of style.
- Don’t buy new things, especially if you won’t be using it a lot. For example a new camera. Instead look into the idea of renting. You will save a considerable amount of money going down that route. In fact, this is also a good idea if you need some power tools to complete a job. No matter where you are, I am sure you will find a hire company somewhere around the area who has what you need.
- Cook food in bulk and freeze it! Not only are you going to save money, but you will save time on those days where you just don’t want to cook. There are plenty of recipes which can be done in this way.
There are lots of other ways to cut costs and save money. When you start thinking outside the box you’ll realize how easy it is to save.
to read the entire article go to http://sacrossfit.lifestyleezine.com