Superfoods are food which are extremely nutrient dense and give you the biggest bang for your buck compared to other foods. They contain amazing medicinal properties that they have been used in different cultures for thousands of years for healing, for endurance, for vibrant health, and for their anti-aging characteristics.Although all fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and nutrients, some contain far higher amounts of these natural properties. These foods have become known as superfoods. Three major benefits are jam packed in all superfoods are antioxidants, nutrients, and fiber.
One thing that all superfoods have in common is that they are not processed foods. They are whole foods that you consume in their natural state. More and more people are realizing that some diseases and illnesses are being caused by the increased amount of processed foods we are consuming. The processed foods contain too much sugar, high-fructose corn syrup and salt. Many superfoods have been shown to help the body fight inflammation diseases like arthritis, heart disease, a buildup of bad cholesterol, and premature signs of aging.
The following are some of the greatest superfoods:
Hemp Seeds Hemp Protein Soy
Bee Pollen Wild Honey Legumes
Maca Powder Spirulina Water
Blue Green Algae Chlorella Salmon
Sprouts Wheat Grass Green Tea
Barley Grass Dulse Psyllium
Kelp Goji Berries Oatmeal
Cacao Beans Avocado Flax Seed
Coconut and Coconut Oil Acai Berries Royal Jelly
Spinach Agave Nectar Blueberries
A great example of a superfood is avocado. Avocados are easy to find and incorporate into your diet. Some amazing facts about this superfood include that 75% of its calories consist of good monosaturated fat, it contains 60% more potassium than the average banana and also contains a lot of vitamins B, E and K. Avocado is also a great source of fiber. Eating a lot of avocado has shown to be beneficial for cholesterol levels in the blood.
Top 10 Reasons for Including Superfoods into your Diet:
- Adds the nutrients to your body that it requires.
- Superfoods could be less expensive than refined packaged food. Go natural!
- They are colourful, tasty and full of texture leaving you feeling more satisfied.
- Eating superfoods means a healthy body with a more alkaline pH.
- Aids in weight loss by being more nutrient dense.
- It adds to a balanced diet, reducing cravings and bingeing.
- Superfoods are low in fat and help with calorie counts.
- Superfood contain high fiber content.
- Superfoods combine phytonutrients – vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and adaptogens vital for health.
- Superfoods boost your immune system and help fight off disease and infection.
An easy way to make sure that you are picking and eating healthy natural superfoods is by sticking to the outside aisles at the grocery store. Many of these items are found in the produce section. You can also visit farmers markets and health food stores where they are sure to stock all the best superfoods. Talk to your trainer about adding more superfoods to your diet today!
to read the entire article go to http://sacrossfit.lifestyleezine.com