The holiday season has come and gone. All those parties, with lots of eating are now in the past. It’s time to work on losing those extra pounds gained from all that fun. After the holiday rush dies down and life returns to normal, if you are like many people you may find your pants fitting a little tighter around the waist than they did before the holidays. With the abundance of rich foods, holiday sweets and parties to attend it is no wonder that so many people suffer from holiday weight gain. The extra pounds you may have packed on during the holidays can make the prospect of losing weight seem like an overwhelming task. The good news is that by taking the time to choose a post-holiday diet that will work for you losing the weight won’t be as difficult as you would think.
Here are some tips to help you lose!
- Venture outside. Cold air can be invigorating if you give it half a chance. Winter provides opportunities to engage in activities that only come around once a year. Do not miss out of them just because you are afraid of getting cold. Exercise is an important component of healthy weight loss, so dust off the ice skates, snowshoes and sleds. Besides the workout benefit, the outdoors offers exposure to sunlight, the all-natural mood booster.
- Winter projects. Need something to keep your mind off eating in front of the television every night? Think of a major project that you have been putting off that you can spread out over the span of the entire winter. Plan out something you can do each and every day that will eventually lead to you finishing before the springtime. The more active you are the more calories you burn and the less likely you will raid the refrigerator out of boredom.
- Warm up with tea. Instead of warming yourself up with an expensive fatty latte with whipped cream every day this winter, think green tea. Not only is it full of powerful anti-oxidants that will keep you healthy, just one cup a day can burn up to 80 calories. It has also been shown that green tea speeds up your metabolism. Do yourself a favour this winter and stock your cupboard full of this drink instead of trendy high-calorie hot chocolate drinks.
- Omit alcohol. One of the biggest enemies of healthy weight loss is alcohol, and winter is a time of year full of parties and social gatherings. Not only will alcohol give you added calories that you do not need, it blocks your mental focus that is necessary for living a healthy lifestyle. Pace your drinking at any parties by having a seltzer or sparkling water in between red wine. You’ll stay sober and cut your alcohol intake at the same time.
- Supplementation. Winter is a great time to begin an all-natural vitamin and mineral supplementation program to lose weight in a healthy way. Colds and flu viruses run rampant in this time of year, so getting your body as healthy as it can be, will only accelerate your weight loss efforts.
Don’t stress about a few pounds. Get back to your healthy eating, drinking lots of water and your regular exercise routine and you’ll be back to your pre-holiday weight in no time!
to read the entire article go to http://sacrossfit.lifestyleezine.com