Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and definitely should not be skipped. Eating breakfast in the morning helps to level off a personâ??s blood sugar, thus curbing their appetite throughout the remainder of the day. It gives the energy required to get you started. Morning can get very hectic, but it only takes a second to grab a quick meal to start your day out right.
Here are a couple of fast breakfast options:
- There are many low carbohydrate nutritional bars available that not only taste good, but are high in protein and also low in fat and carbs.
- Nuts are also an easy food to grab and go. They are an excellent source of protein as well.
- Grab a bagel with a little bit of cream cheese and some smoked salmon. A great breakfast that you can eat on the run.
- Make some fresh muffins ahead of time that way you can just grab one in the morning on your way into the office. Try healthier options like oatmeal/walnut, poppy seed and apple.
- Try some fresh fruit on top of cottage cheese or yogurt. Full of protein to get you going.
- Prepare some boiled eggs the night before and store them in the fridge. They are quick to just grab in the morning and head out the door.
- If you are really in a big rush, a simple protein powder shake can get you going quickly while also giving you some energy to get the day started. Itâ??s fast, easy and very convenient when you have little time in the morning.
Easy Breakfast Recipe: Apple and Nut Butter Sandwich
1 whole-grain sandwich thin
1 tablespoon natural peanut or almond butter
1 small apple, sliced.
Choose a sandwich thin with fewer than 100 calories and at least 3 grams of fiber. Spread nut butter on half of the bread. Top with apple slices and the other half of the bread. Enjoy.
When you wake up in the morning your body has been fasting, going without food during the hours while you were sleeping. Breakfast (break the fast) provides the body and the brain with the energy needed to function. Adding breakfast to the day is easy; just make a few adjustments to your schedule, plan ahead, and grab-and-go with some of the ideas above.
to read the entire article go to http://sacrossfit.lifestyleezine.com