Gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness or appreciation is a feeling or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive. Gratitude is the feeling you have when you realize that you have so much in your life. No matter what is going wrong or what you still want in your life, be grateful for what you already have. Showing gratitude is one of the fastest ways to turn your life around.
Scientists have discovered that there is a link between gratitude and well being. Grateful people have more enthusiasm, are more satisfied with their life, have more vitality, are more optimistic and have lower levels of depression and stress. Gratitude is reciprocal. One act of gratitude encourages another. Your act of gratitude can trigger a chain reaction.
How do you create a life of gratitude?
- Take pleasure in the small things of life.
- Reach beyond yourself and do good to other people.
- Give with no strings attached.
- Be appreciative – tell people what you appreciate about them, you’ll make their day.
- Remember to say thank you.
- Give praise.
- Focus on what you have and what’s going right in your life.
- Start a gratitude journal – record small things that make you smile, add photos of people you are grateful for.
- Write at least 5 things each day for which you are grateful.
- Show your gratitude by giving a card or small gift.
- Concentrate on solutions rather than problems.
- Look for the good in people and situations.
- Spend time helping people who are worse off than you.
- Do small kindnesses and bring joy to someone’s heart.
- Write a thank you letter for all the good things in your life.
Think of all the little things that cause joy in your life that you have to be grateful for. The more you focus on the good, the more joy you will experience.
Gratitude opens doors for you, enriches your life and overflows into other people’s lives. Create an atmosphere of gratitude and watch it change your life and maybe even those around you. Let’s make the whole world smile.
to read the entire article go to http://sacrossfit.lifestyleezine.com